Farming is a complex, high risk venture that requires large amounts of capital and comprises of a multitude of practical and management skills. There is no better way to learn than to work on successful operational farming enterprises while been monitored by skilled instructors.
Attending the Training Academy will empower the trainee to:
- start and successfully run a farming enterprise,
- apply the latest advances in farming methodology improving reproduction and production,
- increase and improve skill repertoire,
- evaluate existing farming practices, identify problem areas and introduce corrective measures,
- fast track, gaining knowledge and “know-how” that would otherwise take years to develop through trial and error,
- obtain certification that offers a greater scope for employment, therefore developing skills to generate greater income,
- obtain skills and certification that enables trainees to run their own business as a field technician,
- improve their chances for employment overseas or outside South Africa,
- obtain varied skills, as livestock farming requires an array of skills which include financial planning, operational planning, prioritizing, procurement, market research, budgeting, cash flow, short and long-term projections, technical know-how and many more aspects
After completion of the required modules, trainees will have gained valuable experience in practical farming, operating a farming business, working and managing an ongoing concern as well as all the theoretical knowledge and practical know-how.
Once trainees have completed the full set of modules at our Training Academy, RLTS will assist, where possible, by placing students at farmers and or various institutes offering a source of employment.
We have a sound working relationship with many well recognized farmers and other entities offering services within the Agricultural sector.