This 6 day course is presented by Dr J Oosthuizen, who has more than 20 years of experience in the field of Animal Health and 12 years in Wildlife, within the Kruger National Park. He will be joined by Dr. M Kruger, who also has more than 20 years of experience in the field of wildlife capture, care and translocation within the Kruger National Park. Milandi Kruger, an experienced boma manager in the Kruger National Park will also be presenting at this course.
Topics covered in this course are as follows:
- Introduction to wildlife management (JO).
- Legislation pertaining to wildlife (JO).
- Wildlife diseases and surveillance of important diseases (JO).
- Identification methods of wildlife (Guest).
- Game capture techniques – Chemical, Mass, and Passive capture (MK).
- Care and management of captured wildlife (MK).
- Overview of management of intensive rare game breeding projects (MK).
- Boma management and nutritional needs of captive wildlife (Milandie Kruger).
- Transportation and relocation of wildlife (MK).
- Wildlife reproduction management (Guest).
Accommodation is included in this course at Kranspoort vankansiedorp, near Loskop dam.
Location address link on Google maps: